Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk… Cry over Spilled Organic Almond Milk!

We’ve all heard the saying “Don’t cry over spilled milk” but if you spilled this almond milk replacement you might just cry! Because it’s that good!

almond-milk-400x400

Almond Milk: Are you wasting your money?

It’s kind of weird if you think about it:  we’re the only species on Earth that drinks the milk of another species. But, hey, if you love cow’s milk, don’t let me stop you from drinking it.

Of course, lots of people can’t drink cow’s milk because of lactose intolerance. Myself, I discovered years ago that the health benefits of dairy, i.e. calcium and vitamin D, can be obtained from plant-based foods (and getting some sunshine in the case of vitamin D).

Dairy products can cause inflammation in the body. That’s a big reason why I stopped drinking cow’s milk and made the switch to plant-based ‘mylks’ like almond.

And I’m certainly not alone. The popularity of plant-based diets has led to a sales surge of milk alternatives, with almond milk revenues growing 250% in just 5 years (2010-2015) to almost $1 billion in total sales in the U.S.

But a few years ago, I stopped drinking brand-name almond milk and started making my own. And if you still drink a commercial variety, you might want to reconsider.

Commercial Almond Milk: Where Are the Almonds?

Store-bought nut milk is basically just synthetic vitamin water with preservatives. In other words, it’s subpar vitamin water. Worst of all, commercial almond milk doesn’t taste like almonds. That’s because commercial almond milks barely contain any almonds!

In fact, a couple years ago, Blue Diamond, which makes one of the most popular brands of nut milk, Almond Breeze, was sued for false advertising. If you buy an almond drink, you’re probably assuming that there’s a decent amount of almonds, right? Well, Almond Breeze contains only 2 percent almonds. But you won’t find that mentioned on the nutrition label.

You’re better off just drinking water and eating a handful of almonds (preferably soaked in water overnight before eating to better digest them) than drinking commercial nut milk.

So what percentage of almonds should be in almond milk? I’d say 10-25%. Our Almond Milk contains 25% certified organic California almonds. The other 75% is filtered water. The result is a creamy delicious beverage.

In light of this, what should you do if you love almond milk but now realize that most brand-name almond milks are not as nutritious as you thought?

You can try some of my almond milk.

Organic Almond Milk - ChefV.com

My homemade almond beverage only contains two ingredients: organic California almonds and pure water. You can actually taste the nutty richness of the almonds.

Almonds: Nutritional Powerhouse

It’s like a liquid natural vitamin, not a synthetic one that might not even have any active properties, in the case of brand-name almond milk. My almond milk is rich in vitamin E, which is great for your skin, along with minerals like iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium. And it’s even got some fiber.

Now I’m sure you’re familiar with omega-3 acids and how healthy they are. But did you know there’s also omega-9 acids that are also great for you? And guess what, almonds are a great source of omega-9s. Wondering what almonds are good for? These omega-9s help you burn fat.

What else are almonds good for? They can help reduce inflammation and improve your cholesterol, among other amazing almond nutrition benefits.

Organic California Almonds: simply the best

If you’ve never tried homemade almond milk with California almonds, you’ve really never drank almond milk, even if you’ve been buying it in a store for years.

My husband, Brandon, still eats cereal from time to time. He loves adding my almond milk to it. We both love adding it to Cinnamon Protein Shake. It reminds us of when we were kids eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch, only this version is much healthier.

In a future blog post or newsletter, I’ll share with you how easy it is to make your own almond milk at home.

But for now, if you’re curious, you can click here to try it. We also recently added another fun and satisfying cleanse to our menu. It’s called the Brunch Cleanse. Share this brunch with friends. But consider it a healthy alternative to the #BrunchSoHard craze. My almond milk is one of the yummy products you’ll get with the Brunch Cleanse.

In conclusion, don’t waste your money on commercial nut milk of any kind.

Cheers to your health!

Love,

Chef V

P.S.  I realize pure almond milk like mine is more expensive than the commercial variety. That’s why I wanted my almond milk to be offered in the Bundle so you can save at least 50%.

 

By |2017-09-05T09:34:23+00:00July 24th, 2017|Chef V Life, Chef V News, detox, nut milk|0 Comments

Get 1 Week Supply Delivered Free! 

 YOUR CODE:

FREEWEEK